Calming Disturbing Mind States: Mindfulness Practices for Restoring Emotional Stability
Half-day Workshop, offered at Tampa Practice Center. Suggested workshop donation: $35 ($40 for CEUs)
Current research is clear: simple mindfulness practices help people ease the stress and struggles of daily life. This workshop will present 4 core mindfulness practices with demonstrations and guided instructions. People in helping professions can share these techniques with colleagues, patients and students so they too, can get free from daily emotional entanglements that drain our energy and impair our ability to function at our best.
- Review current literature on mindfulness and maintaining emotional stability
- Learn what mindfulness is and how it can be easily applied in daily life
- Learn mindfulness practices for:
- Preventing disturbing emotions from arising;
- Calming, easing disturbing emotional states that are already present;
- Inviting beneficial, supportive mind states to arise;
- Nourishing & enjoying these positive mind states when they are present.